Friday, June 26, 2009

Again, What's With the Vampires?

I can only assume that Chrontendo Episode 21 has not been suffering from the same technical problems as the last few episodes, since I haven't heard any complaints about sync issues. I'll probably be re-authoring and re-uploading the problematic episodes shortly, so folks can get their streaming video fix.

For now, let's take our minds off the rather sudden and surprising passing of Michael Jackson, and take a look at something a bit sillier. In preparation for Episode 22, I'll present you with the following:



Now what does this have to do with Chrontendo, other than both clearly being the work of deranged minds? We'll find out next time. (I don't have any prizes to give away, but if anyone out there knows what the connection is, I'd be really impressed!)

I say this about half of Chrontendo episodes, but Episode 22 is looking a bit weird. An odd combination of extremely Japanese games and some ports of old arcade titles.

















And - not that I'm trying to promote any already famous video game commentators on this site - since everyone is all worked up over the undoubtedly horrible new Transformers movie, here's some more Transformers themed content. The Angry Video Game Nerd has dedicated an episode to old Transformers video games, and has actually played Mystery of Convoy in its entirety. While I don't always care for the man's style, I do appreciate his dedication. I was only able to get through the first level before quitting in utter disgust, so its interesting to see what the rest of the game looks like. Linking to AVGN two blogs in a row? I don't plan on making a habit out of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's also a Game Center CX episode about the Famicom Transformers game, and luckily for us english speakers there's a fan subbed version available thru the internets. Track it down, it's very entertaining!

qaylIS aka Nicolas Deußer said...

I don't have a fucking clue about that totally insane movie, but I want to see it...I was just reminded at one scene, where the old guy shot some written scrolls at that house, of that Kiki Kaikai game, where you throw scrolls with prayers on ghosts and such...but you said in the next episode, so I don't have a clue.